Subject choice selection for the following year is undertaken by students at each Year Level in Term 3.
Year 8 and 9 students will be sent home instructions on how to login to the online subject selection site or return forms to school.
Senior School students will make their subject selection requests and then attend a subject selection interview with teachers to discuss and approve these selections. Availability of subjects on offer may depend on student numbers for each year. Consult the school calendar for correct dates in Term 3 here.
How to Select Your Course of Study
In selecting a course of study, students should consider the following steps:
- aspirations – your future, careerplans, your education
- your capabilities and interests
- your achievements at school so far
- information available to you about
your choices (from teachers, parents, counsellors, etc.)
- attending the Career and Subject Information nights throughout Term 3
- Personal Learning Plan investigations
2. READ AND UNDERSTAND
- the courses available
- organisation of the school curriculum – choices, pattern, course descriptors
- the line structure and availability of courses
- how subject courses connect to future options
- SACE requirements for Senior School
- pre-requisites or recommended subjects for further study/training/employment
- fill in your course selection form
- attend your course counselling confirmation day with a parent/caregiver
- finalise your choices
SOME SOURCES OF INFORMATION
You can get information to help with your course choices from the following:
- school reports
- subject teachers (and subject teachers’ recommendations)
- home group teachers
- student counsellors
- Golden Grove High School Website www.goldengrovehs.sa.edu.au
- VET and Career Education Leader
- Curriculum Leaders
- Deputy Principal / Assistant Principals
- Job Guide https://www.education.gov.au/job-guide
- the relevant Curriculum Handbook
- friends and relatives who work in various fields
- tertiary institutions, TAFESA and Registered Training Organisations (RTO)
- South Australian Tertiary Admissions Centre - SATAC (www.satac.edu.au)
- My Future website www.myfuture.edu.au
- The SACE Board www.sace.edu.au
INTRODUCTION TO YEAR 11 AND 12 (SACE STAGES 1 & 2)
This introduction is designed to provide students and parents with information about our SACE Curriculum, with specific detail. Please click to read more...
SHARED LEARNING - CROSS CAMPUS STUDY AND VET COURSES AT ONE+
View more information about the One+ brand and Shared Learning here.
To enter student subject selections, go to the Resources Tab which appears at the top left side of our website, expand the + and go down to 'Subject Selection'. When relevant year level data is loaded you will be able to login and enter selections.